Well this one could have ended up being a disaster as I had just finished drinking and took 2 sleeping pills, but fortunately I knocked it out. This is the final stage in the CSS process. In the next parts, we’ll integrate it into wordpress which is the final section. Enjoy!
As we continue on with the CSS, in part 6 we’ll write the CSS for the left half of the body. In part 7 we’ll finish the CSS off. I wish I could think of more content to type here, but I won’t bore you. Enjoy.
This is the first part of the CSS of our premium wordpress design video tutorial (Wow, what a mouthful, gotta get those keywords in!). Since CSS takes the longest in this entire process, I wasn’t able to finish everything. There will be at least 1 more, possibly 2 more videos to fully cover the CSS process. Enjoy!
Oh and of course I jacked up the beginning when I mention “font-color:”, it’s simply “color:”. That was a brainfart.
This is the second step in the html/css’izing process of a layout. Follow along as I explain and code out the HTML for the premium wordpress theme design.
In part 3 watch as I cut the design up into images. In total we end up with 14 image files that we’ll use and reference in the HTML/CSS tutorials to come. Cutting up the design into images is very important as they serve as the basis of how you will structure the HTML & CSS. Knowing what can and cannot be acheived through CSS alone is important, so the decisions you make in the first step of the HTML/CSS process are important!
So our good buddy muheed baloch won the logo design contest I held earlier. We didn’t quite make it to 100 comments, more like 32; but you’ll have that. In this video tutorial you get to watch and listen to me (you lucky bastard) design the logo that muheed requested.
If you didn’t win, don’t fret. I’m planning on doing these contests on a regular basis. Get in on them early while the pickins good!
Something new I’m starting here is giving away a free logo design each month. Not only will I design the logo for free, but I will also record myself doing it in the form of a video tutorial. I’ve probably designed a total of 800-900 logos in my time being a designer, so you can be sure you aren’t receiving something that totally sucks. Take a look at my logo portfolio here. My other logo portfolio can be found at http://www.garysimon.net.
How do you win?
- Subscribe to this blog either via RSS, Email (Top of this page) and/or Twitter (Do it so you can be reminded of the winner post.)
- Be the person who posts the 100th comment on *this* page OR the last comment posted 5 days from now (January 19 @ 5:00PM ET).
- That’s it.
What are the rules / stipulations?
- You can comment no more than 2 times on this page. Use your comments wisely.
- You cannot use multiple email accounts or IPs.
- The email address used on both of your comments *must* be valid emails.
- Based on referrer information, I reserve the right to not count certain comments if I believe it’s the same person.
- I will only design 1 concept, and also reserve the right to not issue revisions if the revision request is too much work.
That’s it. If you win, I will contact you via email and give you login details at my logo design site where you will login and specify the details of your logo. Then within a few days I will design it and also add a post to this blog with a video tutorial of me designing it.